Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Winter's Day in March

It is snowing heavily right now. The weather prognosticators are warning of levels of snowfall from 5-10 inches by tomorrow morning. In like a lion and out like a lamb comes to mind. It is March and not January is it not?

Having been born in late January I have always admired the beauty of a winter snowfall. Who of us here in the snow belt areas of the United States of America have not enjoyed as school-age children a snow day or two? And, who of us has not stood in awe when looking out over a brace of trees or even a single tree covered in glistening ice in lieu of leaves?

I no longer play in the snow as I once did. Still, I enjoy watching the neighborhood kids as they do, and I remember when I was as they rolling and sledding and fighting fervent but playful snowball wars.

The snow is at least 3 to 4 inches deep and shows no sign of easing off. That's okay with me, I am enjoying the white wonderland effect lauded in song and story since man discovered how to keep his bahookie warm.

Speaking of which, I have to go and prepare dinner for me and my beloved.

Have a wonder filled day... wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment